26 March 2018: -Remedy Kombucha today announced it has accepted a minority investment from Lion Dairy & Drinks.
Remedy Kombucha is a traditional health drink, brewed with tea and a wild kombucha culture. The result is a tasty, live cultured drink that is naturally free from sugar.
Melbourne couple, Sarah and Emmet Condon, started Remedy on their kitchen bench in Melbourne in 2012. They have turned a long-time passion for fermenting into a successful business with a mission to make a tasty, healthy drink available to people everywhere.
Remedy Kombucha is the market leader in Australia and NZ and has recently expanded to the UK.
The popular drink built a loyal following starting out in health food stores, independent supermarkets and cafes; recently expanding to petrol and convenience stores and major supermarkets.
“We are really proud of what we have achieved and that has motivated us to take it to the next level,” said Emmet, co-founder of Remedy.
“Our mission has always been to make it easier for people to make healthy choices. Partnering with Lion Dairy & Drinks allows us to provide a healthy alternative in more locations, with a better outcome for more people," he said.
“We will stay true to what we do, how we do it and why we do it,” said Condon.
Lion Dairy & Drinks Managing Director, Kathy Karabatsas said "We're really excited to be investing in Sarah and Emmet's business. We are delighted to have the opportunity to support this innovative company that is committed to getting Remedy Kombucha into the hands of more Australians."
- END OF MEDIA RELEASE –
WHAT IS KOMBUCHA?
Kombucha is a sparkling live cultured drink with a sweet and sour flavour, made by fermenting sweet tea with a live culture known as SCOBY (symbiotic community of bacteria and yeast).
WHAT SETS REMEDY APART FROM OTHER BRANDS?
- Remedy naturally contains no sugar.
Remedy follows a long-aged brewing process to remove all sugar, converting it into a drink that is rich in live cultures and organic acids.
Remedy has perfected the recipe and developed a drink that is not only healthy but delicious too! There is a mix of exciting new flavour combinations (such as their most recent addition Cherry Plum, blending red cherry and native Kakadu Plum) as well as a healthy spin on old favourites like Raspberry Lemonade and Ginger Lemon.
- Unpasteurised, live and raw.
Remedy drinks are kept raw and unpasteurised to maintain all of the goodness. They are also certified organic, 100% vegan, gluten-free, fructose-free, and paleo-friendly.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS?
Remedy Kombucha contains live cultures (aka good bacteria), healthy organic acids (aka short chain fatty acids, SCFAs), and antioxidants.
- Live cultures improve gut health by:
- Increasing the diversity of your gut flora, aka the good bugs that live in your gut to get things working as they should.
- Preventing the growth of bad bugs that make you sick.
- Supplying billions of microorganisms full of vitamins, minerals and fibre, which the healthy bacteria in your gut use as a food source to produce important metabolites for good health.
- Organic acids, aka Short Chain Fatty Aids (SCFAs) - recently the subject of new scientific research - can:
- Provide an energy source for the good bacteria in your gut
- Help regulate appetite
- Stabilise blood sugar levels
- Regulate cholesterol
- Help prevent overgrowth of bad bugs in your gut
- Antioxidants naturally occur in the organic green and black tea used to make Remedy Kombucha. Otherwise known as polyphenols, they help the body fight illness by scavenging for cell-damaging free radicals in the body and detoxifying them.
HOW IS REMEDY KOMBUCHA MADE?
Remedy Kombucha is made following the same process that Sarah and Emmet followed when they started making kombucha on their kitchen bench all those years ago: in small batches, according to traditional processes, involving four key steps:
- Brew a very large pot of sweet organic tea.
- Add SCOBY (Symbiotic Community of Bacteria and Yeast) aka “mother culture:
The Remedy Kombucha ‘mother’ has been brewing kombucha in Australian homes for the past 40 years. Signs of a very healthy culture indeed!
- Remedy conducts a long age fermentation under warm and calm conditions for 30 days. During this fermentation, the live culture breaks down the sugar and converts it to healthy organic acids, resulting in a sparkling live cultured, healthy beverage.
- Bottle, then enjoy!
Media enquiries/more information:
Travis Atkins |
0417 329 138