13 June 2019: Lion Dairy & Drinks (Lion) is delighted to announce the recipients of this year’s grants program, delivered in partnership with Landcare Australia.
We partner with Landcare to deliver the Lion Dairy Pride and Lion Orchard Pride Landcare Grants program – supporting sustainable business initiatives for Lion’s dairy farmers and citrus growers.
This year, eight dairy farmers and two growers will receive up to $10,000 each in funding to support the implementation of sustainability initiatives for their businesses.
Murray Jeffrey, Lion Dairy & Drinks’ Agricultural Procurement Director, said supporting sustainable businesses for the long term remained a key priority for Lion.
This year’s projects include significant improvements in effluent management, solar installation that includes a plan to use solar power for milk cooling and for an irrigation pump plus a project to significantly save water.
“All worthy projects that we are really proud to help support,” Murray said.
The Lion Dairy Pride Landcare Grants program forms part of Lion Dairy Pride that offers our farmer partners a unique way to measure, evaluate and improve key areas of sustainability on their farm.
The 2019 Lion Dairy Pride Landcare Grant recipients are:
- Gavin Chittick (GA and Ca Chittick) NSW
- Andrew and Christine Farr (AG and CE Farr Trading as Palmdale Holsteins) NSW
- Warrick and Emma Tyrell (KG & KM Tyrrell) WA
- James and Sari Geraghty, QLD
- Mike Boerema (Minko North Dairy), SA
- Vic and Denise Rodwell (Rodwell Farms) WA
- Adrian and Mike Whittaker (Whittaker Farms - A & M Whittaker) VIC
- Michael & Glenda Henry (MJ & GJ Henry) QLD
This year’s Lion Orchard Pride Landcare Grant projects include improving water efficiency through improved water management systems and a project devoted to soil conditioning,
The 2019 Lion Orchard Pride Landcare Grant recipients are:
- Vito Mancini (Riverbest Produce Pty Ltd), NSW
- Mick Vecchie (MV & RM Vecchie) NSW