Pura takes on The Complete Dairy in a battle of the smoothies
3 March 2018: Vescio v Randall – two AFLW stars are reminding young Australian women across the country that ‘milk loves you back’, as they go head to head in a ‘battle of the smoothies’.
As both players prepare to battle it out this Saturday night at Norwood Oval, the stakes will be just as high off the field, as fans decide who has the best smoothie recipe – giving one lucky supporter the chance to win a year’s supply of milk (as a $1000 grocery store voucher).
Pura milk has been much loved milk brand in South Australia for many decades and Adelaide Crows Football Club, while high protein milk brand, The Complete Dairy, was recently announced as the Official Recovery Partner of the Carlton Football Club’s AFL and AFLW programs.
With eight essential nutrients found naturally in milk from Pura and The Complete Dairy, it’s an easy way to help maintain healthy, active bodies.
Today the players are sharing their smoothie secrets, with Vescio highlighting the taste of The Complete Dairy, and Randall backing the flavour of Pura.
“At a time when nourishing your body is so critical, many young women and teen girls are missing out on the nutrients milk can provide,” the Crow’s Chelsea Randall said.
“That is why I have chosen to use Pura in my recipe and want to raise awareness for the Milk Loves You Back campaign.
Naturally, with 8 essential nutrients, Pura milk helps me look after my body and contains calcium which is great for my bones*, so I can be at my best on the field week after week,” Chelsea said.
Carlton forward Darcy Vescio says: “The Complete Dairy milk is an ideal way for me to get the protein I need for muscle growth and repair.*
“In smoothies or on cereal, it provides a variety of nutrients to support my training and game recovery.
“As a young woman, I also know I’m at a critical age where strengthening my bones is very important.”
The players are inviting fans to vote for their favourite smoothie recipe for their chance to win a year’s supply of Pura or The Complete Dairy milk (in the form of a $1000 grocery store voucher). Go to www.milklovesyouback.com and vote for the protein recovery smoothie you think is best – Darcy Vescio’s The Complete Dairy smoothie, or Chelsea Randall’s Pura smoothie – and fill in your details to enter.
Competition starts 7am 03/03/2018 AEDT. Ends 19/03/2018 AEDT. Open to AU residents, 14 yrs and over. u/18 must have parent/guardian consent. Max one entry per person. Promoter: LD&D Australia Pty Ltd. Full T&Cs: http://www.plxs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/legal-automation-3508.pdf. NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/22356.
Pura and The Complete Dairy are owned and made in Australia by Lion Dairy & Drinks.
Darcy’s The Complete Dairy Smoothie
1 cup The Complete Dairy Milk
½ cup Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yogurt
1 small hand full of almonds
1 tbspn peanut butter
Chelsea’s Pura Smoothie
1 cup Pura Light Start Milk
½ cup Farmer’s Union Greek Style Yogurt with Coconut
1 hand full raspberries
ABOUT MILK LOVES YOU BACK
- Lion Dairy & Drinks launched the Milk Loves You Back campaign to celebrate the natural goodness of milk and to remind everyone of the benefits of drinking milks like Pura and The Complete Dairy.
- The Australian Health Survey shows that nine out of 10 Australians, and less than 1% of girls 14-18 years and only 6% of women 19-30 years, are not getting their recommended serves of dairy, or alternatives[i].
- Teenage years and young adulthood are critical times for the growth and development of women’s bodies and bones, as a quarter of adult bone mass is built in a 2 year period (~12-14 years of age for girls)[ii] and peak bone mass is achieved in a person’s early 20s[iii], and peak muscle mass as young as 27 years old[iv].
- The Australian Dietary Guidelines recommend children and adults consume around three serves of dairy or alternatives each day, including milk, yogurt and cheese, or calcium enriched alternatives such as soy, rice or oat milk[v]. The number of serves does vary depending on your age and gender.
- Look out for the MLYB logo on milk in store or go to www.milklovesyouback.com.au to find out which of your favourite milk and dairy foods naturally provide 8 essential nutrients.
For more information:
External Relations Director, Lion Dairy & Drinks
Phone: +61 437 306 437
External Relations Manager, Lion Dairy & Drinks
Phone: +61 419255 118
*when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
[i] ABS 2016. 4364.0.55.012 - Australian Health Survey: Consumption of Food Groups from the Australian Dietary Guidelines, 2011-12 (http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/4364.0.55.012~2011-12~Main%20Features~Milk,%20yoghurt,%20cheese%20and%20alternatives~17)
[iii] Thomas B Bishop J. Manual of Dietetic Practice (4th ed). Blackwell Publishing: Carlton; 2007
[iv] Mobasheri A, Mendes AF. Physiology and Pathophysiology of Musculoskeletal Aging. Frontiers Journal. 2012;3 (260): 39-61
[v] National Health and Medical Research Council. Eat for health: Australian Dietary Guidelines. Canberra: Australian Government; 2013